We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Jakarta-Indonesia
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Hi,

Do anyone has a recommendataion what is the best option to go from Brisbane Airport to Surfer Paradise for 3A + 3C . How much will a taxi fare, and is there any big Taxi like in sidney? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Taxi from Brisbane Airport to Surfers Paradise will be quite expensive, probably at least AUD $200.

If you look at the FAQ on the right hand side of the page, there are a number of options.

The Bus Transfer option will probably be about $150 for 3 adults and 3 children.

Public Transport will also be similar prices.

Realistically your looking at about $100-$150 to get to Surfers Paradise. I was going to suggest a hire car, but with 3 adults 3 children plus luggage will likely require a bigger vehicle, so will cost more. I can usually hire a car Brisbane to Gold Coast for about $60-$70 a day.

Happy Travels!

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Yes, I would have to agree that a hire car is likely the best option. If you are flying out of Brisbane Airport again it might be worth having a rental car for your entire stay and the return journey. It might work out cheaper and be more convienient for getting to the theme parks etc then relying on shuttles and public transport. You could try googling for six seater rental cars. Hope you have a great time in Sunny Queensland!

Edited: 9:44 pm, July 08, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Queensland
Queensland
Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,226 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

I agaree, having a car is almost a "Must", I think. Gives you much more flexibility, particularly with kids.

You could also take the air train to the Gold Coast, but I think that would be quite a bit more expensive than renting a car - which you'd benefit from having anyway.

Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast is a very easy, well signposted drive.

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Jakarta-Indonesia
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Ok thanks for the info

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

I have caught the train down and back about 8 or so times. Sometimes just 1A + 3C. We all enjoyed it and had fun too. Only takes about 1.5 hours. Get off at Nerang. Then have to wait up to 30 mins (worst case) for bus to Surfers. So long as you have refreshments and activities for kids, should be fine. Some of the carriages have toilets too - really good!

Pam B

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

Rental Car will most likely be most cost efficient

Malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

You can try AirtrainConnect door to door service. www.airtrain.com.au

8. Re: Best Transport Option 3A+3C BNE-Surfer Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 20, 2013