We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

I am turning 21 next month & have no idea what to do. I have been living here for a year (from tassie) so I only know about 5 people so I can't have a big birthday party obviously!

Any ideas, even open to camping or something on on the Sunshine/GC

Many Thanks :)

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

We're pretty boring by comparison! A nice dinner out and then a few cocktails in the Valley. :D

I'd go down near Surfers Paradise for an active holidays -- there's so much to do down there. You can do Jet Ski Safaris, 4WD tours, kayaks, fishing, and you've got the lovely beach if you want to chill out. If you can get a spot, the Main Beach Camping and Caravan park is a great location and it won't be too hot if you wake up in the tent of a winter's morning!

Another favourite for a relaxed weekend in Mt Tamborine -- they've got fabulous winery and an even more fabulous brewery up there, with lots of other stuff to do as well.

brisbane
Level Contributor
227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

Another activity worth considering in Brissie is either kayaking the Brisbane River or abseiling down the Kangaroo Point cliffs - both coordinated by Riverlife, based at the foot of the cliffs.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

Try to focus on one thing that gives you pleasure, so that you will feel special - like a weekend away as per gk's post - or a special makeover like a facial or a day at a spa for the works - or try viator's website, they have a lot of day tours and weekend tours available from Brisbane, and would be good if your friends cannot make it with you, as there would be plenty of others on the trip to enjoy it with. Hope you have a good time whatever you choose to do

Brisbane, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

Depends what you want.

If you want to party with a small group of friends then i would suggest Gold Coast (they have party cruises and pub crawls) down there or head to Byron camp in the camping ground in the middle of town and check out beach hotel and cheeky monkeys for a great night out.

You could head to sirromet (mt cotton) winery for sunday afteroon wine tasting and cheese plates (they have some great live music there too.

in Brisbane for something different you can book a table at Bens Vietnamese & Chinese Karaoke - its a restaurant that turns into karaoke at 9aom - great time and always packed!

Otherwise you could head to the sit down comedy club at dockside or paddington tavern (always good for a night out and they have drinks and food) otherwise you can get packages from strike bowling in the brisbane CBD for food, drinks for 2 hours, bowling and private karaoke room for about $50 per person.

Alternatively check out merthyr bowls club for an afternoon of drinks and bowls. Auchenflower has a croquet club where you can go take your own drinks and food and have an awesome arvo of croquet.

You can also do cocktail workshops at Grand Central Bar in city (right next to train station) at PLatform Bar. $50 will get you workshop, 2 cocktails and finger food - great on a friday night with the after work crowd.

Hope this has given you some ideas :)

5. Re: What to do for my 21st Birthday in Brisbane??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 19, 2013