We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Brisbane - up to Noosa, or down to Gold Coast?

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Arriving Brisbane - up to Noosa, or down to Gold Coast?

Okay, it's a trick question because we're definitely going to the GC for a few days because the two 10 y.o. girls want to do the theme parks. But here's the thing:

We bought cheap flights when it was all fine and sunny but now we realise we'll be there in the middle of winter. We arrive Brisbane Airport on July 9 and depart July 16. I thought we'd start with 5 days based in Surfers so the girls can do all the theme parks (3 days), we can do a few other things, and then go back to Brisbane on Saturday to fly out on Monday evening.

But...

Since the weather seems risky maybe we should head up to Noosa for a few days? Or will the weather there be just as (possibly) wet? What will we do? Keeping the kids amused is a top priority for a successful holiday, so I've been trawling TA for a 2 bedroom apartments/hotels. Sadly none of them tell you if their pool is indoors or outdoors - thus far all the GC pools are outdoors, with reviewers saying they are too cold to swim in.

Edited: 7:06 am, June 24, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Arriving Brisbane - up to Noosa, or down to Gold Coast?

Good thing you're not here now - wet and freezing!. Hopefully this crappy weather will be all gone by the time you get here - still not really swimmable though. Good luck keeping kids amused - no matter where you are it's tough. I prefer the SC to GC myself - less crowded, less tacky touristy and better beaches. But it's probably easier to keep kids happy in winter on the GC though.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Arriving Brisbane - up to Noosa, or down to Gold Coast?

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated. We've decided to stay on the Gold Coast (probably Broadbeach since Surfers is about to start constructingit's lightrail system) and then take the rental car hither and yon. Fingers crossed for the weather!

We're spending Sat & Sun in Brisbane if anyone has a suggestion for a suitable CBD hotel!

13. Re: Arriving Brisbane - up to Noosa, or down to Gold Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, June 30, 2013