We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

HastingS
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Hi,

we are looking for a modern luxury small "Boutique" type hotel for a week or so in late December 2005.

I have done a fair bit or searching here and elsewhere but havnt found anything like that in Brisbane.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also any small luxury hotels south of Brisbabe on the way to Sydney as we will be driving down there in the new year.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

I cannot help you with Brisbane but i'm sure othere know more.I always stay at Rydges at Southbank but its not small or boutique.I just like it for the large rooms and excellent balcony overlooking river.

Going south to Sydney you could check out these websites.(offering something special)

The Summerhouse perched over a hill overlooking Byron www.thesummerhouse.com.au

The Promised Land Cottages - Bellingen

www.promisedlandcottages.com.au

On The Rocks - Yamba with stunning views.

www.ontherocks.com.au

Cystal Creek Retreat - set in the rainforest at Cystral Creek.(Beautiful)www.ccrr.com.au

Watego's Watermark - Byron

Four Winds Villas - Byron

Byron at Byron - Byron

Peppers Casuarina Lodge - Byron Hinderland

Further South:

Peppers Anchorage - Port Stephens on Marina

Kims Resort - Toowon Bay beachfront bali style bungalows.

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Try the Inchcolm Hotel on Wickham Terrace. It's close to the city, small, and reasonably priced for a 4-star hotel.

http://www.inchcolmhotel.com.au/

Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Yes Inchcom is a great choice for a boutique Hotel. Another one a little closer to the middle of town in Rendezvous Hotel although I doubt either of these have a view.

The Medina Brisbane isn't boutique but it is a smaller style hotel and is fully self contained and right smack on the river.

Another Boutique hotel is Ilmondo at Kangaroo Point just across the Story Bridge(a $10 cab ride to the city) but perfect if you have a car as you said you were driving. There is also a great pub located near by (The Story Bridge Hotel) and fabulous bistro called Butter.

djj
Brisbane,Qld
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Not sure if 90 rooms is boutique but check out the brisbane riverview, very nice especially if you get a spa suite.

http://www.viewhotels.com.au/hp_rv.asp

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Hi

The Inchcolm is really lovely - it also has a great restaurant. Rendezvous is also very nice however the last time I stayed there (early Nov) there was an unpleasant odour near the lift?? Two other options are Macarthur Chambers and Manor Apartments.

All four are in heritage type buildings which have been refurbished as either hotel rooms or apartments. Wotif usually have great rates on all of them.

HarleyB

HastingS
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Modern Botique Hotels Brisbane Area

Hi thanks to everyone for your information. Its given us a lot of nice ideas.