We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has climbed the Story Bridge. Also, is there anything in the area to do after the climb. Is it good value for money?

Cheers, Lidia

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

my family and i have done it

it was good (not as expensive as sydney). the views out over the bay are beautiful.

not a lot else around the area except good food at the storey bridge hotel and the riverlife adventure center (kayaking, rockclimbing, skating, bikes, abseiling etc). but you are right near the ferry so it is only a short river crossing to the city, southbank, newfarm park, powerhouse etc

Brisbane
Level Contributor
102 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

My husband and I climbed it recently, we were given it as a gift. It is Ok value for money & great views. I enjoyed it more than I expected. If you go choose a late afternoon time before sunset so you get to see the views in daylight and then when the lights are on.

As per the previous post - a well earned drink at the Storey Bridge Hotel is great as are the steaks.

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Great question and great answers, thanks didn't even know you could do the Storey Bridge. Could anyone advise of $$$ and how to book?? Thanks and by the way Lidia_marie, welcome aboard !!!! Cheers ThemMonkeys :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
102 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Hi

the climb costs $AUS 120-130, depending on teh time of day, see http://www.storybridgeadventureclimb.com.au/

for booking and more information.

Further to my previous post - it was the twilight climb which we did.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Thanks for the enthusiastic replies! I definately think it's something to explore, and being a brizzy resident it would be great to see the city in a different perspective!

Also, thanks for the mention about the Story Bridge Hotel, it completely skipped my mind! :)

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

Thanks J n L. will start training ........... LMAO!!! Red Wine bi-ceps curls is all I can manage!!!!!!!!! HA HA ThemMonkeys :)

7. Re: Story Bridge Adventure Climb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 05, 2009