We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stradbroke Island vs Moreton Island

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Stradbroke Island vs Moreton Island

Hi - I will be visiting Brissy at Xmas this year as a surprise for my fiance's 30th. I can't make up my mind which would be more exciting for him - Stradbroke Island (and the Stradbroke Domain Resort) or Tongalooma resort at Moreton Island.

Any suggestions? We're looking for somewhere with calmer clear waters (as I can't swim well) and stuff like windsurfing, jet skiiing, quad biking etc. if anyone can give suggestions, or if there's somewhere nicer perhaps close to Brissy let me know.

Thank you in advance!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stradbroke Island vs Moreton Island

There are camp sites about 1km up the beach from Tangalooma at the wrecks. Actually if you're planning on camping there I'd suggest catching the Mi-Cat. It lands just near the shipwrecks and is a short walk to the campgrounds.

The wrecks camp grounds have showers, toilets and water available. Check out the EPA website for more information:

…qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/…

It's not a very large camp ground so you'll definitely need to book sooner rather than later.

Another option, which is a little further north again is Ben-Ewa. But if you're walking off the barge this may just be a little too far to comfortably carry your camping gear.

12. Re: Stradbroke Island vs Moreton Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 07, 2009