We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crime in Brisbane

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Crime in Brisbane

Is Brisbane a relatively safe place to live? Is it just petty crime as found anywhere else?

Appreciate your comments

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crime in Brisbane

I believe it is relatively safe but like any city in the world, there are certain areas which you may wish to avoid and be aware and keep your wits about you.

Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crime in Brisbane

Brisbane is very safe, as the other poster said every city has some dodge spots. But it is free from major crime just your normal petty crime.

a60
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crime in Brisbane

Brisbane is a beautiful place to live and the crime is mainly petty. Of course you can get into trouble, particularly late at night is some parts, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crime in Brisbane

I have a shop in Brisbane and, yes, you get the same weirdo's that are around the world. Alot of people are moving to Brisbane as it is such a good safe place to bring up children. Also depends on the suburb you live in.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crime in Brisbane

thanks for your replies:)

6. Re: Crime in Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 30, 2009