We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Thank you in advance for some help.

Hubby and I fly to Brisbane on Thurs 17th May, and fly out on Sun. 27th May.

We will probably spend a few days in Brisbane, just for convenience. We would like somewhere to stay, preferably in a rainforest or national park area, with pleasant accommodation and a lovely view. We would like to spend some time walking, and also a trip to Australia Zoo and maybe a day-trip to Tangalooma. Apart from that, not really sure at this stage.

We have previously stayed on the Gold Coast, so don't want to do that this time, but would rather be in the hinterland area somewhere. O'Reilly's is a possibility if we can get in. Also, Mt Tamborine?

We are prepared to stay in up to three properties (including Brisbane) in order to have the full experience. eg somewhere in Gold Coast Hinterland, Brisbane, and somewhere on Sunshine Coast or Hinterland.

Any ideas???

Would love to get a good deal on Wotif or something similar if I can find anything.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Hi

You will find places on wotif. check out Mt Tamborine and Springbrook in the GC hinterland. Check out Mapleton, Montville or Flaxton area in SC hinterland. There are lots of good places to stay, B&B's , cabins etc. Good walks in all these areas.

Very close to Brisbane, visit Mt Glorious, stop at Mt Nebo cafe on the way and listen to the bellbirds. Good cafe and walks in the area as well.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Thanks so much, Surfoz. Your information is much appreciated.

Is Moreton Bay worth a day trip from Brisbane?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

There are several islands in Moreton Bay, Moreton Island is the most accessable from Brisbane by passenger ferry. There is lots to do on the island however your time may be limited for much walking. snorkle at Tangalooma wrecks, tour to the lighhouse and lakes, ssandhills.

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Treetops in Montville is near the falls and is really lovely. You then have access to some amazing spots on the Sunshine Coast. It will be quite cool in the mornings and evenings up there! If you haven't spent much time on the Sunshine Coast, you will really enjoy it. Go to the Eumundi markets, have lunch at Tewantin, go for a trip up the river in Noosa.

I don't know where you will stay in Brisbane - maybe Southbank where you can walk from there to Kangaroo Point and view the city and go to the Southbank markets? Or else stay somewhere around Hamilton'Asoct where you have easy access to the airport and also the Gateway which takes you to the Gold Coast in on hour or Caloundra in 1 hour if you have hired a car. There you have Racecourse Road for lovely cafes for breakfast and you can see the new Portside development. And you definitely need to take a City Cat ride from Brett's wharf to the the end and back again - cheap and so much fun!

Enjoy

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Also check out Binna Burra eco lodge which is great and also the Mouses Houses at Springbrook.

I second Montville/Maleny in the Sunshine Coast hinterland for a fantastic place to stay.

In the 10 or so days you have I would stay Brisbane Thursday night and head to Springbrook/Mt Tamborine on Friday until Tuesday morning.

Then to Montville/Maleny for Tuesday night until Saturday morning, then off for the day/night in Brisbane to catch the plane Sunday,.

Look on wotif.com for a special price, but really it is often better {or just as good} to book direct.

good Luck

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Thank you so much for your help, Aussie, and Firebucket. Will copy these replies and use them for planning.

Much appreciated!

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

O'Reilly's is a wonderful rainforest experience. They have a website. Accommodation, food and activities are all top class!

Houston
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Check out Secrets on the Lake treehouses for an accommodation option. I've never stayed there but looked into it when booking a place for our anniversary, with the requirement that it be near Australia Zoo. I thought this place looked really neat though I actually ended up booking somewhere else that will feel more fancy/pampering for our anniversary stay, especially since we are already staying in fur n feathers rainforest treehouses near Cairns.

Anyway, here's the website: http://www.secretsonthelake.com.au/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

If you're keen to do some walking be sure to check out www.epa.qld.gov.au for advice on walking tracks. This will cover Maleny/Montville (Sunshine Coat hinterland), Springbrook and Lamington.

O'Reilly's is fantastic! If you can get in I'd highly recommend it. It is expensive but the staff are so helpful with walking tours and activities. And the views are superb.

A suggestion for something to do in Brisbane if you happen to like AFL, the Brisbane Lions are playing Collingwood at the Gabba on Saturday 26th May.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help with accommodation near Brisbane - Rainforest

Oh my gosh, this is getting harder! LOL! I've just been looking on websites of Secrets on the Lake, and Treetops Montville. They both look fantastic! Treetops has some quite good specials as well. Thanks TwizzlerFiend and tempic 74 for your views.

For pleasant walking, would the area around Montville be just as interesting as in Lamington Park and Mt Tamborine? If so, we could maybe just concentrate on being in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and Mooloolaba, this time, and leave the other for another visit. Ahh, so many beautiful places and so many decisions!

Thanks for the website for walking areas, tempic 74. We've visited a lot of the touristy places last visit, so this time I want to spend more time on doing some lovely walks, etc. although I do want to go back to Australia Zoo and Eumundi Markets and not sure what else.