We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on itinerary and day trip

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on itinerary and day trip

Hi all,

I will be traveling with my parents (early 60s) and brother (early 30s) to Brisbane for 2 days. Below is the itinerary that I have planned out and would appreciate if I could get some input on the day trip idea for day 2! I am struggling on where to choose.

Day 0

- Land in BNE at 2300

Day 1 - Friday (no car)

- Breakfast at Gauge

- Collect admission ticket for Clock Tower tour

- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (whole morning)

- Back to city for burger lunch (Miss Kay's or Charboys)

- City tour (Clock Tower tour, Cityhopper, Brisbane Riverwalk, Albert Street Uniting church, Botanic Gardens)

- Dinner at Black Hide or Stokehouse Q

Day 2 - Saturday (Will have rental car)

-Breakfast at Rogue Bar and Bistro Res

- Trying to decide whether to go to Glass House Mountains vs. Lamington National Park vs. Mount Tamborine. All of these options look great and I know this is a tough question, but if I could only choose one, would you have one that you would recommend over the other two? We are fine with some moderate hiking, but just want to enjoy the nature views etc. We are not particularly keen about visiting wineries because we would've just spent 5 days in Margaret River before coming to Brisbane.

- Drive back to city - explore one of the night markets (Night Quarter / Eat Street Northshore / The Collective Markets)

- Flight at 2300

Thanks very much in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,254 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on itinerary and day trip

In a single afternoon, you wont have time to experience all you have listed, but Albert St U iting Church is adjacent to Museum of Brisbane (Clock Tower) so that is easy. For the rest of your adternoon, I recommend getting on a CityCat and going downriver to Hamilton and back. This would also take you to Eat St Markets if your day 1 is a Friday/Saturday.

I would recommend doing this, and then having a relaxed evening at Stokehouse or Blackhide on night 2, when you can stroll the riverside for short or long distances depending on how you feel.

Re where to go day 2: if you want to hike rainforest then pick Lamington. If you want nice drives, stops for lookouts, short walks eg Mary Cairncross Park, as well as lovely views and foodie culture at Montville and Maleny, then pick the Glasshouse Mountains Tourist Dribe, with Montville and Maleny as major stops.

Cheers.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on itinerary and day trip

Rather than the Botanic Gardens, the Roma Street Gardens are fantastic, and just a stones throw from the City. Southbank would also be a great place for a wander. I would be careful doing hikes. Brisbane can get very hot (38 yesterday 28 Sept). Agree with sweetbiscuit about the Rivercat. The driving distances can be deceptive so allow plenty of time if you are not familiar with our roads. 2 days is not much time to fit a lot in, but enjoy.................

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on itinerary and day trip

Thanks sweetbiscuit21 and muddyman56 for your suggestions! For the day trip, we ended up going North, to Eumundi Markets first, then stopping at Mary Cairncross, Montville and Maleny on the way back to Brisbane. For the day in the city, we ended up taking it easy, and did both the clock tower and city hall tours at Museum of Brisbane, and just took a walk at South Bank.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on itinerary and day trip

Fantastic, I hope you and your Family enjoyed Brisbane and tell all your friends to come.

Reply to: Advice on itinerary and day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted