We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love this forum!

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Love this forum!

Hi Ellemay and Georgia,

Thank you both for your replies. I'm sure my hubby won't have too many problems getting around, he's driven a lot in Europe and the United States and he's a pretty good map reader, which is just as well as he can't depend on me....lol... I've been reading a lot about the different kinds of attractions in Brisbane....there's sure a lot to do and see!!!.......I've definitely some shopping in mind, speaking of which, any ideas where I can shop for plus size clothes?(men and womens)

Many thanks,

Carmel

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love this forum!

Hi nicar,

I will just bump this up for G/M to assist you...have a nice time in Brisbane !!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love this forum!

there are a couple of really good plus size shops in brisbane.

the best one is at carindale shopping center (on the south side of town). it is called fashions plus and it is linked with a shoe shop called high street shoes. it is located near david jones.

there is also the silk shop in broadway on the mall in the inner city, kerri craig emporium in the brisbane arcade (also on the mall), and 16-26 in the myers center, I also find that david jones has a good range of bigger sizes.

the network 2 shops (kenmore, camphill, paddington...) carry nice clothes.

at brendale you will be relatively close to chermside shopping center which is now the biggest in the state. I am sure that there will also be a couple there as well, though I don't shop there myself so couldn't give you exact details

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love this forum!

Thanks very much for the info Georgia:-}

Kind regards,

Carmel

4. Re: Love this forum!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 20, 2009