We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

Hey guys, Just looking for some of your awesome suggestions...

Me and my friend really want to get away for the weekend.. and seeing how the cold weather is upon us.. we would really like to find a nice and affordable weekend getaway that has the following. Wineries.. Food.. Cottages+fireplace.. Small towns..Great views.. plenty to see and do. We live in brisbane and plan on driving so probably anywhere from 1-4 hours drive from Brisbane would be lovely =)

All suggestions welcome.

p.s. anyone know what the wine and food hub of queensland is??

Thank you =)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

The standard answer here might be something like Stanthorpe. They have a fairly high concentration of Qld Wineries.

My suggestion is perhaps look at Maleny or Montville up in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Some really gorgeous B&B's and also a couple of wineries. Within reach of a wide range of options for things to do, plus on a cold night up in the mountains a warm fire and a deep dark red wine!!! Yummy - I want to go myself now.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

Thank you sooo much!!! After looking into the places you suggested, I have decided to go with Maleny! Even found a great little cottage there with everything we wanted and within walking distances to local wine/food :-D THANK YOU!

Moree, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

Next time consider tamborine mountain, cedar creek lodges, lamington national park, the lost world and canungra for a nice weekend away! I miss living in bris and all the wonderful places u can travel to on weekends being so close by!

4. Re: Weekend getaway +Fireplace+Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 19, 2014