We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atherton tableland and lumholtz lodge

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
atherton tableland and lumholtz lodge

My family is planning to spend 3-4 days in the Atherton tablelands this August and was wondering if anyone has any comments about Lumholtz Lodge. Has this area been badly damaged by cyclone larry? I've tried emailing Margit at Lumholtz Lodge but have not had a response these past 2 weeks.

many thanks

Halfway Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atherton tableland and lumholtz lodge

Hi, I have just returned from Carins, infact we flew out 10 hours before Larry hit. We were in Ravenshoe visiting family, which is very close to Atherton. All power and cell phone towers were knocked out, phones are back on now, so you should probably try to call.

Nettinoregon

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: atherton tableland and lumholtz lodge

Unfortunately,Lumholtz Lodge is actually located south of Atherton,and may like many others in the district received quite a substantial hit from Cyclone Larry.

I have heard that there are many still without phone lines. I would give it a week or so and retry to email. You have plenty of time until August and hopefully you won't need to find alternate accommodation.

Cairns, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: atherton tableland and lumholtz lodge

Hi Karen here and we live in Atherton on the Tablelands.....Most of the area you are talking about still have their power of and phone lines are down mobile cover is poor....The damage isnt to bad mostly roofs of sheds and sheds gone..as mentioned before give it another couple of days. Pptys outside the town areas are the last getting elect etc put in, It is a great spot to live and vist and hope you like( we moved from Melb!!!)