We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunlander Train

Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Sunlander Train

We have recently returned from a trip on the Sunlander and absolutely loved it. We travelled Queenslander class which was luxury and it was fabulous. From the moment we stepped on we were treated like royalty. It was comfortable, food was amazing gourmet all the way. Had the most incredible seafood platter with loads of prawns, bugs, oysters etc. To die for! Lounge car was comfortable and we were treated to a piano player serenading us for most of the trip which was lovely. What a wonderful relaxing trip we had and we had the added bonus of being able to see the country as we travelled. It was a long trip but having chosen Queenslander class made it very pleasant. If you were sitting in the lounge chairs for the whole trip I think it would seem a long time on the train. If you choose to travel by train you really should look at the level of comfort you take as there are quicker options to get to Cairns. The Sunlander is for those who really want to enjoy the experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunlander Train

My only memory of the Sunlander is being a poor uni student, back in the day when flying was prohibitively expensive. I spent 18 hours in a chair with only a dining car for entertainment! Glad they've got a better option now. :p

2. Re: Sunlander Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 18, 2010