We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a one-week getaway

Paris
Level Contributor
44 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a one-week getaway

My husband and I live in France (I'm Australian, he's French!) and he doesn't know Australia too well. Last time we were there, we stayed in Pt Douglas and visited the Daintree, went diving, did a safari tour etc. Anyway, he loves humid climates so this November I am thinking of taking him back to Qld, but what is there that's new to do? Given we cannot afford a luxury retreat (like Bedarra!), where can we go that won't be much like the last holiday? Our budget is about $200 per night ...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a one-week getaway

How about a complete change of state and going to Broome?

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a one-week getaway

Maybe think of hervey bay/fraser island.It would be a total change from FNQ.The outrigger at hervey bay or kingfisher resort on fraser island should both be about right for the budget-you could split the stay between them.

there are quite a few posts on both these areas so a search should come up with a few ideas.

3. Re: Looking for a one-week getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, May 16, 2009