We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Darwin

Which Darwin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
carnarvon
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in Darwin

My fiance' and I are getting married in Darwin in July with the view to having the ceremony at Wangi Falls in Litchfield. We have visited this lovely spot once before, thus the choice however it wasn't in the school holidays and we are a little worried about the crowds. Does anyone have a suggestion about the time of day to avoid heaps and heaps of people?

Also we are looking for clean, comfortable accommodation with the priority being a nice outdoor area for the wedding guests to relax and enjoy their holiday and our special day. Any suggestions?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
151 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Darwin

I have attended several weddings in Darwin but not at Litchfield, Do you plan to have the reception in Darwin?

To avoid crowds at Wangi you will need to aim for as late in the day as possible, most of the day trippers will have left by then.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
652 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Darwin

One of my favourite spots - Wangi Falls!

I would agree though that it would probably be best later in the day as most people visiting the park usually get an early start so they can spend the day there.

Hubby and I were married at Lake Alexander in Darwin, lovely spot and VERY quiet. We then headed down the road to Pee Wee's for the reception. Had a table outside overlooking the ocean...absolutely beautiful!

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Darwin

I actually got engaged at a resort called Lake Bennett. I have been there several times, and it kept getting better each time I visited. The resort is built around a man made lake.

The accomodation varys from BYO tents, to cabins overhanging the lake (with spas on the balcony).

It is about 45 mins from Darwin and is only reached by car. The roads are sealed the whole way.

carnarvon
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Darwin

Thank you so much for your advice, I will definately look into this.

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in Darwin

As Litchfield is a national park you might be wise to check with Parks and Wildlife Commission NT if this is actually ok.

http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/index.html

There are a lot of bylaws etc relating to national parks.

Crowds would be a pain in July and accommodation scarce and pricey. V8 Supercars in Darwin 30 June to 2 July so avoid early July as it is chockers. Normally Darwin is bursting at the seams from June to September. Sorry to be a downer, but I foresee some obstacles.

Darwin
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married in Darwin

Hi,

Goodluck with your wedding. Here are some suggestions, for professional photos...

palmphoto.onpix.com/pro/propList.asp…

For catering...... Eventually yours catering 08 8931 3150

For accommodation...http://www.rumjunglebungalows.com.au/gallery.htm

You didn't mention where in Darwin for reception. In Litchfield or back in Darwin?

All the best.

7. Re: Getting married in Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 20, 2009