We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in Darwin

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out in Darwin

We will in Darwin next week for a few days and are looking for some good quality restaurants. happy to pay up.

i note from previous commentaries that the Ski and/or Sailing Clubs are good. Anywhere else I should hunt down?

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
Kurt's Cakes
$$ - $$$, Cafe, Australian
Laneway Specialty Coffee
$$ - $$$, Australian, Cafe
Pee Wee's at the Point
$$$$, Australian, International, Wine Bar
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eating out in Darwin

Forgot about Nirvana- an alternate to Hanumans without the price tag,,

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eating out in Darwin

Nirvana's definitely a nice spot but I don't think the quality or taste matches Hanumans. But throw in some live music at Nirvana and you have a pretty nice package; different, cheaper.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Eating out in Darwin

Totally agree Noël - I wasn't comparing them, but a choice from Hanumans where service on a busy night at the moment is often incredibly indifferent and food not as good as it can be but you are paying the price for the name.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eating out in Darwin

some great food stalls at the markets, lovely Vietnamese food and the owners love to chat if not too busy. Worst meal we had during our 9 days in Darwin was at the cafe at the Museum which was disappointing as lovely spot.

Depends on what you are looking for but a lovely spot in the evening to wander along the waterfront or around the CBD looking for something delish to eat.

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
15. Re: Eating out in Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Darwin