We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

Anyone suggest accomodation that is in a great spot for Litchfield and suits a family travelling without camping goods. We are planning on spending 2 nights there at this stage but also wondering if 1 night is plenty....

I tried Rum Jungle Bungalows but they are closed for 2014 and I am not sure if the Batchelor Butterfly Farm is open or in a good spot to access the NP....

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Special Offer
Kakadu, Nourlangie, Yellow Water from...
166 Reviews
from $154.48*
$206.00
Special Offer
Katherine Gorge Tour, Cruise, Swim...
140 Reviews
from $156.81*
$209.10
Kakadu Day Tour from Darwin with...
14 Reviews
from $202.10*
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

I don't know if it's open, but the Butterfly Farm is next door to Rum Jungle Bungalows. It's about a half hour drive into the NP from there. We stayed at Rum Jungle Bungalows but we had dinner at the Butterfly Farm and there seemed to be a couple of family groups staying there so they must have accommodation for families.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

Try the Banyan Tree Tourist banyan-tree.com.au/accommodations/accommodat…

Or Litchfield Tourist Park

litchfieldtouristpark.com.au/accommodation

Both have cabins and are on the road between Batchelor and Litchfield.

There is also a motel in Batchelor but I think these are a better option.

One night is plenty for Litchfield. Arrive the night before (from your previous post I assume you will be coming from Katherine?). Next day explore Litchfield then travel on to Darwin (approx 1.5 hours). This will give you enough time to enjoy the park.

Edited: 4:53 am, April 21, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Batchelor
Batchelor
Top End, Australia
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

Out of curiosity did Rum Jungle Bungalows say why they are closed, and if they will be back in 2015?

4. Re: Family of 5 needing accomodation at Litchfield....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 23, 2015