We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from City to Airport?

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from City to Airport?

Hi guys!

Any knows what is the travel time from City to Airport?

I am taking Greyhound bus from Katherine back to Darwin to catch a flight to Adelaide. The bus reaches Darwin at 1735 and my flight is 1850. Since I need to check in 30mins earlier, I want to be at the airport latest by 1815.

Do you know if I can arrange for the shuttle to pick me up from Greyhound's transit center when I arrive at the airport on the first day?

Thanks!

Pearlyn

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from City to Airport?

It takes about 15 minutes actual travel time to the Airport from Darwin.

But you would have to ensure several things:

that the Greyhound Bus will arrive on time and your luggage will be unloaded immediately.

that there is a Shuttle due in the time frame you want.

that the Shuttle will go straight to the Airport and not to other pickup places first, and therefore get you to the airport at your time

I think if it was me, I would consider a taxi, to avoid stress in a narrow time frame and the consequences if you miss the flight.

Also, check-in time does depend on whom you fly with. When we flew with Qantas in May from Adelaide, we were required to check in 1 hour before the flight, because of additional security measures, we were told.

I have also heard that Jetstar will not allow any one to board who is even 1 minute late for check-in, but that may just be on flights out of Sydney.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from City to Airport?

get a taxi,you never know what could happen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time from City to Airport?

You are cutting it too fine, catch a taxi to be sure you make it in time

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time from City to Airport?

Thanks a million guys! I will get a taxi!

5. Re: Travel time from City to Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 15, 2009