We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Rental company

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Car Rental company

Hi, want to check anyone has try their car rental service? I can't find other car rental that can return the car in the early morning at 5.00am.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Rental company

Are you looking under Budget Rent a car?

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Rental company

it is www.budget.com.au

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Rental company

At the airport or the city? Can't see why you couldn't drop a car for any of the majors at the airport at 5am; Thrifty, Avis, Budget, Europcar or Hertz. I've left Avis and Europcar cars there around that time. There might not be anyone around but there seldom seems to be when I return at any time.

Edited: 6:23 am, February 25, 2014
Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Car Rental company

Hi Noel O,

When I book on line with the Avis , Europcar, hertz, Avis, Thrify the message came out that the operation time I key, is not available, request me to amend the returning time. Only Budget accepted the return time.

So I was asking anyone has tried Budget, as I can't find any reviews. And it seems that Darwin car rental do not give unlimited KMs, right. I was given free 700 kms for 7 days rental and shall travelling from Darwin to Haye Creeks for 4 days and then last 3 days back to Darwin city, will it be enough? I can't find any of the car rental provided unlimited kms. Hope to get some advise.

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Car Rental company

Darwin to Hayes Creek is about 170 or so kms one way.

If you need the car to drive further -log distances say to Katherine etc, then the limited kms will not work. However, if you are driving straight there and back and then just around Darwin, I would think you have plenty of kms. I couldn't say as I don't know what your further plans are.

Budget have been around for a long time in Australia,

As Noel says, re return time, you can leave the car at the airport without the service desk being open, its a common practice. If you are concerned about the state of your car etc , then photograph with date stamps etc to insure yourself so to speak. Darwin is a small town and the people are on the whole very honest.

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Car Rental company

No personal experience with Budget in Darwin or anywhere else. I have returned cars to Darwin airport from Thrifty, Avis and Europcar. Even when open they are basically unmanned; drop the car in the parking lot and then walk a couple of hundred metres to the terminal to hand in keys. 50/50 whether I usually actually see anyone. Only one time did I want to dispute a fuel charge that appeared on my invoice a couple of days later and that was actually reversed very promptly. As hamiriver has said, photograph the car and trust them to be honest.

If the other companies aren't open at 5am then book a return for 7am or whenever they are officially open. Just return at 5am and drop the keys in the return box.

Kilometre charges can be a problem. If I go over, I go over and pay the charge. I believe there is an option in Darwin for unlimited kilometres, I could be wrong, but either way I don't know the company name or reputation.

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Level Contributor
766 posts
1,945 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Car Rental company

We have used Thrifty and Avis a couple of times.

Make sure your fuel is full and you can just drop of the keys in the drop box.

We haven't had a problem with this. just let them know your plans at the time of booking.

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Car Rental company

Hi Everyone,

thank you for advise. It's help my planning trip.

9. Re: Budget Car Rental company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 01, 2015