We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumping croc cruise

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jumping croc cruise

I hope someone can shed some light for me on this tour. I wiould like to do this tour but confused about the reviews and company name . There seems to be reviews on one site for 2 companies? I def don't want to be treated badly by a rude operator and want to choose the right company that takes pride in their business many thanks

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumping croc cruise

There are two companies.

The Adelaide River Queen is the original jumping croc cruise. They use a bigger boat. I have always found them quite professional. http://www.jumpingcrocodilecruises.com.au/

The other is the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise - I haven't done this one so can't really comment. http://www.jumpingcrocodile.com.au/

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumping croc cruise

Me again

I just had a look at the cruises on the review section. Under "Activities in the Top End" the Spectacular Jumping Croc Cruise is showing at no. 13 and the Adelaide River Queen at no. 20.

The company showing at no. 1 Adelaide River Cruises, is a third company. No wonder you are confused!

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumping croc cruise

There are three crocodile cruises at the Adelaide River, they are:

Adelaide River Queen Cruises - jumpingcrocodilecruises.com.au/the_stars.html

Adelaide River Cruises - www.adelaiderivercruises.com.au/about_us.htm

Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruises - http://www.jumpingcrocodile.com.au/staff.html

Adelaide River Queen is known as the original one and has the big concrete crocodile on the RHS of the bridge. I recently went on this one and it was very good. The Adelaide River Cruises has Morgan and Harry as Captains and their reviews are muddled in with the Adelaide River Queen Cruise reviews.

The Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise is the one that seems to have gotten the bad reviews about the cranky staff member and some of their reviews are muddled in with the others.

If you went with either of Adeliade River Queen Cruises or Adelaide River Cruises I don't think that you would go wrong.

I wouldn't worry about what number they are rated on TA as their ratings are also based on how many reviews they get and sadly not many travellers to NT put reviews in.

Lou

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumping croc cruise

I agree with Lou that your choice should not be based on the Trip Advisor ratings, he is right that the comments are very muddled. I only put that in to help you work out which companies you are looking at.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
106 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumping croc cruise

I went on the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile cruise a few weeks ago and had no issues with any part of the cruise. I had a great time and wished it went longer!

Go with your gut feeling.

Salcombe, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumping croc cruise

I went with Walleroo Tours having been advised by The Hotel staff in Darwin. They use a small boat that enables you to see at water level. It was possible to see the veins in the eyeball of the Crocs that close. When jumping for the Bait they were higher than people sitting in the Boat. The Tour also included Lichfield with swimming on the itinerary, very enjoyable.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumping croc cruise

Thank you one and all for the replies most helpful :)

Save Reply
8. Re: Jumping croc cruise

We went on both. The Spectacular Jumping crocs is the one behind the Wetland centre. A short dirt road to get there. You can see water buffalo at the side of the road. It was great !!!! Smaller boat and much smaller place. They got a snake out for people to hold and take photos. Great staff and very informative. A few weeks later we went on the Adelaide River Queen jumping crocodile trip. Loved that too !!!! Staff were also informative and friendly. Only trouble there was the high cost of food and the wait to get it. We are on Darwin a few more months and we will go again probably on the Spectacular jumping crocs. trip. Probably because it was not as comercial as the other one. But both take pride in their boats and crocodiles.

Save Reply
9. Re: Jumping croc cruise

We went on both. The Spectacular Jumping crocs is the one behind the Wetland centre. A short dirt road to get there. You can see water buffalo at the side of the road. It was great !!!! Smaller boat and much smaller place. They got a snake out for people to hold and take photos. Great staff and very informative. A few weeks later we went on the Adelaide River Queen jumping crocodile trip. Loved that too !!!! Staff were also informative and friendly. Only trouble there was the high cost of food and the wait to get it. We are on Darwin a few more months and we will go again probably on the Spectacular jumping crocs. trip. Probably because it was not as comercial as the other one. But both take pride in their boats and crocodiles.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumping croc cruise

I think I have settled on the adelaide river cruise,is it best to book early or just turn up? Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Darwin