We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

Which Darwin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

i am looking to buy a pair of good Aussie boots in Darwin before leaviing Australia. Any suggestions of good value boot shops?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

Your best bet may be the NT General Store in Cavanagh Street, just down from the Post Office. Part of it was burnt down many years ago and they never got around to rebuilding the front. Or you could try Mitchells Camping, they have a web site and see that first if they stock the type of boots you want. Their main store is out a Berrimah which is awkward to get to by public transport but there is a store in the Casuarina Shopping centre. You could email them first to see what they have in the Darwin stores as demand for walking boots here is not high.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

Also try;

Savvas Footwear ~ 46 Progress Drive, Nightcliff - 8948 3528

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

I was thinking about this today - have you tried RM Williams they are a well known iconic brand they have a shop in Darwin Mall and Casuarina

Lou

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,553 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

Can't beat Rossi Boots !

I'd give their office a call 08 8352 7844 and they will tell you who would have the style you are after

rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/… shows the best bushwalking boots. I have had a pair for ten years.. they only get better with age ....!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

Hmm - well depends how much walking you do and where - I think.

I have walked a couple of thousand kms in the last 10 years. Some of it in very rough terrain. My friends and I all started with Rossi - and all have given them up . They didn’t last , were not very comfortable and are just not as structurally sound for walking as American or European brands. I now have one pair of Hi Tech and one pair of Salomon’s and there is no comparison for comfort .

In the past I have had terrible blisters with both my Rossis and a pair of Scarpas that I had. But I now dont even bother with putting tape on my feet with my current boots.

I do think you'll find that most really experienced bush walkers no longer recommend Rossis. Of the couple of hundred Australians I have walked with in he last 10 years I don’t recall anyone who still wears Rossis.

And though RM Williams stuff is good I don’t think they make real walking boots.

Edited: 9:58 pm, July 26, 2012
6. Re: Place to buy Rossi or Redback walking boots in Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 10, 2013