We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apt tour Kakadu day tour D30 or D31

Nice, France
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Apt tour Kakadu day tour D30 or D31

I'm hesitating between the two tours. D31- Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park • Visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre • Enjoy a guided cruise on Yellow Water billabong • Watch for crocodiles and other native wildlife • Travel to Nourlangie Rock to view a range of ancient Aboriginal rock art

OR D30 Explore Kakadu National Park • View ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr • Take the Guluyambi Cultural Cruise along the East Alligator River with an Aboriginal guide • Spot crocodiles and birds in the wild • With special permission, take a short walk into the Aboriginally-owned region of Arnhem Land

We're doing the tour with my 8 yr old kid. I thought the second looks more interesting culturally but the yellow water cruise in thef first one is also a highlight not to miss!

thanks for the input!

Ethical Adventures NT
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Wallaroo Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
AAT Kings
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Apt tour Kakadu day tour D30 or D31

Being stuck on a coach for 5-6 hours on a day trip is going to be a lot of travelling for you all- especially your 8 year old.

You could self drive or, depending on how many in your group, you might be able to take a private tour, so it would just be your family on the tour.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Apt tour Kakadu day tour D30 or D31

Hi Aida

Have you considered camping it? The kids would love it! Take your time driving out - enjoy the scenery, be sure to stop off at Window in the wet lands and the bark hut!

If you didnt fancy camping - there are a few hotels / lodges around to choose from..

I would highly recommend the Yellow Water Cruise - Sunrise and sunset is sensational out there! A different world!

The Warradjan cultural centre is really close to the lodge - perfect walk for the kids.. Be sure to see Ubiru at sunset (magical) and Gunlom is a great spot for a swim and some lunch (but they recommend a 4wd)

Safe Travels! I hope you enjoy Kakadu as much as I did :-)

13. Re: Apt tour Kakadu day tour D30 or D31

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 30, 2013