We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel??

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel??

Hello, we will travel to Darwin early August for a 2 week business meeting, first time in Australia. I have been reading hotel reviews on this site and others and find that a lot of reviews not inspiring, mainly dated rooms, small, not very clean.

Our business contact wil make the final arrangements but we are responsible for finding the place, we need to be near Mitchell Ave, and our budget in under $250 Aus, all included with wifi. Basically we need a hotel that is clean, AC, preferably with a pool, walking distance to Mitchell. We would also consider an apartment.

Thank you very much.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel??

In mid August there is a festival on, and early August there is the Darwin Cup (horse racing). These two event pretty much dictate the price as it is peak season in Darwin.

The newer hotels Vibe, Medina, Mantra Pandanus are all within walking distance of Mitchell St. The older hotels (some refurbished) such as Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, Mantra Esplanade, Novotel are all nearer if not on Mitchell St.

Is your conference somewhere on Mitchell St?

Lou

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel??

Thank you very much Lou, yes our meetings are on Mitchell St. and we are not planning to drive. I guess I must hurry and make arrangements. Thank you for the info, anything else I should know? B

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel??

I agree with Lou that at that time of year is peak tourist season so the prices are higher than normal it may be a case of getting what you van at that price

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,077 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel??

In May of last year, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza ON Mitchell Street and loved it. You can read my review here: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

If you are interested, make sure you join Priority Club and try not to pay the rack rate. We held the price down by using the Friends & Family rate. Full details here: http://tinyurl.com/ylxqklw

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel??

thank you very much all of you. I am now looking into renting an apartment, will keep you posted on progress. B

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel??

Where did you end up staying and how was it?

7. Re: Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 06, 2012