We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mulgas tours

Which Alice Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco, ca
2 posts
Save Topic
mulgas tours

i am thinking of booking the 3 day tour run by annie's hostel from alice springs to kings canyon/uluru.

i am a bit concerned about "sleeping under the stars" without a tent in early september. will it be too cold? how about morning dew and bugs? thanks for any advice.

also, does anyone have an opinion about whether to stay at annie's or take the mulgas tour?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,315 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mulgas tours

You will be sleeping in a swag and as such will be"snug as a bug in a rug" - and as for bugs not sure what sort of bugs you mean.

There wll be flies during the day but not many bugs around at night in the desert.

I would definitely take the tour. AS is nice for a day or two but you wont see the main scenery if you don't take the tour.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mulgas tours

Nozzie is right - a swag is warm, dry and a definitie outback experience

san francisco, ca
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mulgas tours

thanks for your responses!

4. Re: mulgas tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 13, 2009