We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alice Springs/Uluru bookings through viator?

South Auckland New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Alice Springs/Uluru bookings through viator?

I'm looking at booking the bus transfer from Alice Springs to Uluru, tours at Uluru and a helicopter ride. Is booking it all through viator a good idea? I would appreciate knowing how others have found this.Thanks Maria

Emu Run Experience - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Adventure Tours Australia
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Alice Wanderer Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Outback Elite Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,014 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alice Springs/Uluru bookings through viator?

I personally try to avoid third party websites. It eliminates one source of problems if you need to change something.

The people who own Uluru have their own resort management website on which you can book everything at Uluru: http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/

Sometimes the resort managers discount accommodation on sites like Wotif: wotif.com/hotels/australia-nt-ayers-rock-ulu…

Luigi

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,660 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alice Springs/Uluru bookings through viator?

Hmm I will never use Viator again after a horrible experience with their operator in Mexico City.

I agree with Luigi book directly with the resort.

3. Re: Alice Springs/Uluru bookings through viator?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 05, 2014