We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

Which Alice Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Skye.
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

This is our first time going to uluru and we are caravanning do we have to book accomadation before we get there as we dont know exactly the day we are arriving how hard is it to just pull up and pay for the night?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

It really depends when you're going to be there. During the peak season (June, July, August) it's best to book ahead, but you ought to be able to just arrive at the campground and be allocated space most other times.

I'd try to call ahead at least a day or two.

Skye.
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

thanks we are going in august

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

August is getting a little later in the season but I would still book for Uluru. The next place out from Uluru is Curtin Springs and it's quite a hike back if you can't fit into Uluru campground. Most other places in NT you will be good to just arrive. There are lots of places which have masses of land for camping without power so at last resort just go without power for a night. I am assuming you will need power as you have said you are 'caravanning' rather than 'camping' or mentioning camper trailer.

Lou

4. Re: Caravanning to uluru then on to Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 27, 2014