We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of Stay Recommended

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Length of Stay Recommended

My husband and are starting to plan a trip Australia for either the end of April or the beginning of May. We are planning on being there for 14 nights and would like to spend time in Sydney, Alice Springs, and Cairns. How much time would you recommend in Alice Springs? Also, what is the weather like this time of the year?

Thanks, Angie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
379 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Length of Stay Recommended

Personally, I would include Melbourne on the list, and split it 3 nights each in Cairns and Alice, and 4 nights each in Melbourne and Sydney. If you stick with the three stops I would suggest 4 nights in Alice, assuming you'd want to see the same things I did.

I went to Alice to go to Uluru, Kings Canyon, and West Mac; so I spent a total of 4 nights in the area. It takes an entire day to do each of those tours.

Some of my favorite moments in Australia were around Melbourne - the Great Ocean Road and the Penguin Parade.

2. Re: Length of Stay Recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, April 19, 2011