We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hotels please!

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Hotels please!

Hi, I think I need some help before I go completely mad trying to sort out a hotel.

My problem is that I land in Sydney at 6.30 Sunday morning and would like somewhere to check into early on. Most of the hotels I've looked at have check in times between 1 & 3 o'clock.

I'm due to meet up & stay with a friend from Sunday night, and I'm a bit loathed to book 2 nights in a hotel (Saturday for the morning & Sunday for the afternoon), only to really stay there 8 - 9 hours. Do any hotels offer day rates?

I've had a look at The Criterion (thanks AlanJ), and that's looks like a possibility as its a cheaper option.

If anyone's got any ideas or recommendations I would be truly grateful!

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with Hotels please!

Thanks for the feedback Bibster..

Glad you enjoyed Sydney..

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with Hotels please!

You got an ensuite at the Criterion for fifty dollars? This gets better and better! I have always believed the Criterion was in one of the best locations in Sydney, and the price has always been the yardstick by which I measure other hotels (such as the nearby Coronation); however, I always believed -- in fact, I thought this is what the guy in the bottle shop had told me -- that all the rooms were share bath, and for that reason I am a bit reluctant to recommend it to tourists from countries where an ensuite is considered a bare essential. I will have to find out just how many rooms there have ensuites... and what difference it makes to the tariff!

Thanks for the feedback... hope you visit our shores again!