We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in these hotels?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in these hotels?

HI

Me and my husband are staying in Sydney for 3 nights in August at the end of our Australia Holiday. We hope to book our hotel soon and would appreciate any advice on these hotels! We are looking for a clean, average priced (approx $220), centrally located hotel.

Old Sydney Holiday Inn

Travelodge Wynyard

Crown Plaza Darling Harbour

Quality Hotel Cambridge

These are the hotels our travel company have so would prefer to book one of these but if anyone knows any others please let me know!

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in these hotels?

Really, I have no right to essay an answer to your question, as you asked if anyone had STAYED at these hotels, and, of course, as a local, I have stayed at none of them! But, if you want a local's perspective -- knowing nothing about the quality of the service at any of them -- I would say that the Old Sydney Holiday Inn beats all the others by a country mile, as it is one of the best-located hotels in Sydney. Travelodge Wynyard is also a good location (it used to be called the Corus, so a search on this forum might turn up some reports under that name), and Crown Plaza Darling Harbour is fairly good (on the Sydney side of Darling Harbour in a rather shabby location but quite close to some nice areas. Unless the Cambridge Inn is running a special which makes it come in at less than half the price of the others, I wouldn't even consider it.. I recall someone writing into the Fodrs forum a couple of years ago saying that they had been offered a room there for around $AUD45 a night, and at that rate, I recommended it... but if it's running at significantly more than that (and I bet it is!), pay the extra and go to the Old Sydney Holiday Inn.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in these hotels?

general consensus is the Old Sydney Holiday Inn is the best value. Have a look at the reviews on this site as the position is fantastic.

3. Re: Anyone stayed in these hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 23, 2009