We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I choose?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I choose?

I am needing some help choosing the correct area of Sydney to choose for a 4 day visit with my fiance and brother. We are staying in melbourne for most of our holiday but going to Sydney for 4 days/3 nights. I looked around the Chinatown area but have also been advised Glebe is nice too. I want to stay as central as possible with the main attractions accessible. I intend to go out partying while I am there but also going to visit the main tourist areas, ie sydney bridge/opera house but dont need to stay next door to them.... And wanting to go for as cheap as possible as the melbourne apartments are costing us a fortune!

cheers from Scotland x

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I choose?

Glebe is OK to stay in. It is close to the city and accessible by bus. Try www.wotif.com.au or www.lastminute.com for cheap accommodation. We have used both, and saved heaps. Good luck.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I choose?

Glebe as stated is nice...not a lot of accommodation options though - Haven inn and Roof top Hotel plus a couple of hostels....A lot more choices hostels around Central railway and hotels near Chinatown . I would be wary of walking back to Glebe late at night if you have been partying. It is walkable (just) but Glebe Pt Road has a good bus service so if you find a suitable accommodation there, feel confident that you can travel easily to the CBD area, Limited buses late at night.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I choose?

Check on wotif.com.au, needitnow.com.au or lastminute.com.au. There are lots of decent (and some probably not so decent in Kings Cross) that are well priced in a good location. The Barclay Hotel at Kings Cross is 2 mins walk from the train station, and I stayed there last week ina double room with bathroom for 63.00 a night,

4. Re: Where do I choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 17, 2009