We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore River...
4 posts
Save Topic
13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

Hello,

we will be spending 13 days in sydney/ melbourne starting next week. We are trying to finalise our itinerary and would love to get your feedback on this. Am I trying to squeeze in too many places for the trip? If there is anything I can cut down please do let me know too!

I used to live in Sydney for 4 years but this is the first time for my bf to visit syd/ mel. We hope to spend less time in the city but would like to see more nature.

we will be hiring a car for the whole trip.

Much appreciated!

DAY 1

SYDNEY - enjoy sydney

Stay in Sydney

DAY 2

1 day trip to Blue mountains

Stay in Sydney

Day 3

Sydney (we want to check out the EQ farmer market)

Stay in Sydney

Day 4

Sydney > Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk (3 hours) > kiama blow hole (35 mins)

Stay in Kiama

Day 5

kiama > jervis bay (1.5 hrs) > whale watching cruise( 2 hours) > Batemans bay ( 2 hours)

Stay in Batemans bay

Day 6

batemans bay > narooma (1hr) > eden (via bermagui) > (2 hrs) > lake entrance (3 hours)

Stay in Lake Entrance

Day 7

lake entrance > Waratah Lodge

40 Thomson Road, Waratah North, 3959 Fish Creek

Stay in Waratah Lodge

Day 8

Wilson promontory National Park

Stay in Waratah Lodge

Day 9

Waratah Lodge > Philips island (1.5 hours) for Penguin parade

Stay in Philip Island model

Day 10

philip island > Mt Martha Beach North > Melbourne (3 hrs)

Stay in Melbourne

Day 11

Melbourne

Stay in Melbourne

Day 12

Melbourne > GOR (4 hours)

Stay in Port Campbell

Day 13

Port Campbell> airport (4 hours)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

a bit of a bump up - presume you have parking for your rental car in Sydney (parking can be expensive and a hassle) ?

Edited: 5:47 am, July 14, 2014
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

If you like good food markets, make sure you visit the Queen Victoria Markets in Melbourne. There isn't much to the EQ market in Sydney and it doesn't have the feel of a genuine farmers' market. I went recently after an absence of a few years and was surprised at how little fresh food there was there - plenty of cup cakes, jams, olive oils, but not much fresh fruit and veg. I prefer this one ( in Sydney), although it also doesn't have the variety that somewhere like EPIC in Canberra has.

http://www.eveleighmarket.com.au

In Melbourne:

http://www.qvm.com.au

Singapore River...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

Thanks for your reply

@dytokyo : yes parking is settled. We will be staying in a place with free overnight parking so we should be all good.

@sasanqua: thanks for your advice. Unfortunately due to my itinerary we are not able to catch most of the weekend farmers market. EQ market on Wednesday seems to be the only option but we are definitely planning to check out QVM in melbourne.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other suggestions to my plan :)

Thanks !

4. Re: 13 days syd - coastal drive - mel - GOR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 16, 2015