We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

darling harbour to circular quay

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
invercargill
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
darling harbour to circular quay

I am meeting a tour at circular quay, on a wed morning, leaves 9am. What is the quickest way to get there....ferry, taxi, bus or walking.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,771 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

Quickest, of course,would be a cab.

Easy enough to walk from Darling Harbour up to George St and catch a bus to CQ. Free if you jump on the green 555.

You can walk the whole way along the waterfront but a lot of the walk is past a major construction site so pretty ugly.

A pretty way to travel is to walk around past the Aquarium and take a ferry to CQ, but the ferries don't run that regularly and they don't go directly to Circular Quay - you have to go over to McMahons Point and Milson's Point first.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,795 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

It really depends where in DH you are

East side or west side

If on the east side it could well ne town hall train through to CQ..

From the west it is typically the ferry but that depends on departure time

try google or 13100 transport for some choices (you can plug in the time)

invercargill
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

Staying at oaks goldsborough, pyrmont st.

invercargill
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

Staying at oaks goldsborough pyrmont st.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

From the Oaks Goldsborough, the quickest is by taxi as suggested by Emel.

However, at that time of the morning, you're going to have difficulties hailing a taxi from your hotel.

* Bus - 443 from Harris St. Exit the residents entrance on level 2 of the Goldsborough, turn left, and out the laneway. Left up Allen St and at the lights, the bus stop is just to the right. )Less than 50m)

* Taxi - your best chances are to walk to the driveway of the Novotel. Same exit at Goldsborough, but turn right as you exit. Walk along the footbridge and through the carpark to the Convention elevator. There are stairs next to the elevator with a sign for the Novotel. There's a taxi rank on their driveway. Alternately, get the reception to book the taxi the night before.

Personally, I'd catch the 443 bus.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

KVE, I'm curious why you think taxis would be a problem there. I visit a site at 400 Harris St every few weeks and have been there at all times of day, and never had any issues with taxis, except one time at the 3pm changeover. There are always a large number of taxis turning in and out of the western distributor connector (or whatever it's called), going north on Harris St, and vice versa.

The problem with the 443 bus is that inbound during peak hour it can get very full, to the point of leaving people behind at this stop (since it's the last one in Pyrmont). So I would opt for a taxi in this situation.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

Fair enough. Along Harris St, is slightly better for taxis, but 400 Harris St isn't the same as 243 Pyrmont St. Isn't 400 Harris the other side of the Harris St/Western Distributor underpass towards Ultimo?

That's just my experience after living at Oaks Goldsborough for two years, and often running late for meetings - particularly between 8-9am.

Edited: 7:06 pm, July 11, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

Edit timeout

If the OP feels taxi is best, then I suggest the taxi rank at the Novotel.

9. Re: darling harbour to circular quay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, July 14, 2015