We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Topic
Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

I'm so excited thinking that I'll be going to Australia finally. Had managed to book a 10days trip for me and my mum together (March 2015). About the 10days that we have, basically we have only 8 full days in the country. I'm thinking if we will be able to cover for both Sydney and Melbourne in 8 days? Or am I over ambitious?

Basically, I'm thinking if we can cover the areas below:

Sydney:

Opera house

Bondi beach

Manly beach

Circular Quay

Byron Bay (???)

Blue mountain

Hunter valley

Grand Pacific Drive (heard of the spectacular driving routes they have there)

Sydney Fishmarkets

(Did think of Canberra)??

Melbourne:

Yarra Valley (???)

City sightseeing

Queen Victoria market

Great Ocean Road

12 Apostles

For the transfer from Sydney to Melbourne and back to Sydney, thinking of traveling through the domestic flights.

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

As far as Victoria and the GOR is concerned as well as the other destinations you have mentioned, a search of the forum will bring up a number of recent threads.

www.visitvictoria.com.au is a great resource of info.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

>>(Did think of Canberra)??<<

And what did you think?

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

Yes domestic flights way to go if you only have 8 days. Going to Byron nice idea (Canberra not so much) but probably too ambitious if you want to see some of the sights of Sydney and Melb? There is so much to see in do in both those great cities and their immediate surrounds..

4. Re: Need help for Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 08, 2015