Hi, Everyone! My 2 sons (19 & 14 yrs. old) & I will be in Sydney on April 24 – May 8 (2 weeks). We will be staying in a hostel near the Central Station. I know that it is Anzac Day on the 25th so we plan to join in on the activities. I saw on the map that we are very near the Anzac memorial. Will this be a good place to go?
From my research, these are some of the places I think we shouldn’t miss. Since we would be in Sydney for 2 weeks, I’m thinking we have plenty of time to really explore each place so would it be best to stay there for the whole day? Or would some places take a few hours to see so we might as well bundle them with the others?
1. Taronga zoo - Any suggestion for a good place to eat (lunch & dinner) but not too expensive. My sons love to eat!
2. Bondi beach – we will join the free spotted walking tours.
3. Manly beach – This will take the whole day, I’m sure.
4. Sydney aquarium – we decided we’d want to see the platypus and the sharks. And catch the feeding times.
5. Free tours Sydney – There’s 2 free tours. In the morning or afternoon. We will also catch the 6pm free walking tour. Any suggestions where to eat around the area?
6. Sydney tower - We’d go in the morning. But I read that if it’s cloudy, there’s no point going. Is there other things/places to go near it where we could wait till the weather gets better? If not we can skip it & go on a clearer day.
Or could this day include the Sydney harbor bridge and the pylon lookout. Unfortunately, The Bridge climb is way beyond our budget.
7. Sydney art gallery – free guided tours. Will this take the whole day? My elder son is into the arts but the younger one will probably want to go through this fast. I’d like an option for him just to keep him interested.
8. Blue mountains – I’m thinking of getting the hop-on/hop-off bus around Blue mountains which includes riding the Skyway, Cableway and Scenic Railway. I don’t want to rush through all the places to see so I’ve booked a place to stay overnight. I’d want to see Jenolan caves & go for something that would give my boys an adrenaline rush. Any suggestions?
9. QVD, Botanic Gardens and Mrs. McQuarries chair, Hyde Park Barracks -
Where could we include this from the above places we want to see? Are these all places near each other?
10. Is there a place where we can watch a professional baseball game?
This still leaves us a lot of extra days to explore other things, right? Any place we should go?
I saw VIVID Sydney. Will there be anything planned on the days we will be there?
Or should we go out of Sydney and spend 2-3 days in another place? But not too far, so that we can head back to catch our flight to Manila in the morning.