We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Hotels

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
663 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Hotels

I am going to Sydney early November for a two week holiday with my two sons aged 22 and 20. I am interested in hearing about any medium priced hotels which are in a good location and have rooms suitable for three adults and good value for money.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Hotels

am writing the same reply i gave to magnuscaleb....try the sydney central yha backpackers hostel. it is not youraverage youth hostel. lots of family groups go there. very good location close to shopping, darling harbour etc. and walking distance to the city centre.

hope you have a good stay here.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Hotels

The best value for money would have to be the Grand in Hunter Street, as it's a pleasant building in a nice street, across the road from the entrance to Wynyard Subway. Seven minutes' walk one way and you're at the Rocks and the ferry wharves. Seven minutes the other, and you're in the Pitt St Mall, best shopping areas in Sydney. A triple room costs $AUD110 a night. The only "catch" in all of this is that the rooms are "share bath", which means that the hotel doesn't appeal to the American tourists who want everything right there in the room with them. But shar bath is the traditional Aussie accommodation.

If you're willing to go along with this, you will find this hotel a great choice -- I don't think you'll do better anywhere in Sydney, even though there are certainly cheaper rooms out there!

There's a website for you to look before you buy:http://sydney.citysearch.com.au/E/V/SYDNE/0022/99/15/1.html