I am planning a trip to Sydney in mid May 2014 for 6 days and this will be my very 1st visit to Sydney. Hence, I have some queries about my trip and I hope you could share your experience with me :-
1) What is the weather usually like in May? Cold? Need to prepare any heavy or thick clothing?
2) Which area should I stay in? Since this is a budget travel, I prefer to go for economy hotels in the city. I have a hotel in my mind, ie. Travelodge Sydney @ Wentworth Avenue. Is this a good choice for me? Is this hotel located within walking distance to Chinatown, Darling Harbour or any tourist spots? Is this hotel located very near to train station?
3) Any comments on these two hotels, ie. Breakfree on George and Ibis World Square?
4) Which of these hotels is most convenient? Travelodge? Breakfree? or Ibis?
5) I plan to sign up the day tours, I should go for A) Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves or B) Blue Mountains and Australian wildlife? What is the difference between these two day tours? Which one I should go for?
6) If I would choose between Manly and Bondi Beach, which one I should go for?
7) What is the economical way to visit all the tourist spots in the city centre? By train? By bus? or By foot?
Thank you in advance for your valuable time and effort.