We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transport

Wellington, NZ
Level Contributor
343 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transport

I need to get from Sydney International airport to Dover Heights/North Bondi. Is there a cheaper option than taxi and simpler option than public transport? I was thinking of a shuttle, but the ones I looked at seemed to only service the CBD.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transport

No. There is really only 3 options ( 4 if you go with a limo).

Most people report very ordinary service with shuttles. There are some that do residential pick-ups & drop-offs. Google "shuttles -Sydney eastern suburbs".

Your choices are taxi, public transport or shuttle.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transport

HI KiwiMikey

Though its not as cheap as public transport, I would catch a taxi.

Its very orderly and controlled. There is no chance in missing out or someone pushing infront if you are next in line =)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transport

As it happens, the public transport option, while lengthy, isn't that complicated. The 400 bus from the airport will take you to the Bondi Junction Interchange where you can pick up a 380 bus to Dover Heights. It will take an absolute age (allow well over an hour) but it will be super cheap.

As a compromise, you could grab a cab at Bondi Junction. It's only a 10 minute drive from there to Dover Heights.

4. Re: Airport transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2015