We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

Hi all. I'm looking into renting a holiday apartment for a family holiday in a few months time. Has anyone had any experience in renting from BB's furnished apartments in Pyrmont? I've been looking on the various holiday rental websites and tripadvisor but no reviews have been posted about them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

This seems to be a small family run letting business (is this the one ???) so reviews are probably not easy to find. The website looks OK and they do have usual T&Cs. One comment would be the location which is a bit out of the way (with freeway overpasses around) but for $850 pw I suppose OK.

If this is a first visit to Sydney for you I think you could do better (even the Sydney Harbour YHA could meet you budget and be much more central). To me the place looks more suited to longer term visitors/students/city workers. Are you on a limited budget and what dates are you in Sydney ?

www.sydneyfurnishedapartments.wordpress.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

The Grand Mercure Pinnacle Apartments Pyrmont are quite nice

http://www.grandmercureapartments.com.au/

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

dytokyo: yes, that's the company i was looking at. we will be travelling with 2 elderly(ish) parents so it is important that the apartments are self contained. these are supposed to be within walking distance to chinatown (10-15mins?) which is also quite useful. the budget is not limitless but as we will be staying for 3 weeks in april somewhere relatively decent/comfortable from which we could explore from is important. would 3000-3500 aud be a reasonable amount for 3 weeks accommodation?

KVE1005: i had a look on the website but i cant seem to find any apartments in pyrmont

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

mmmmmmm....3 weeks stay is longer than usual so location needs to be looked at carefully. Are the parents able to walk distances or need transport (taxi, bus, ferry, train) ?

www.wofit.com.au has apartments in Sydney CBD so look here for prices (Napoleon on Kent meets your budget). Your budget at $170pn for 4 (?) people is pretty (very) tight for Sydney (the Sydney YHA is same price).

What about staying just over the Harbour Bridge at Milsons Point (train, walk,ferry to city) ?

Alternative is airbnb or www.stayz.com.au (make sure you are comfortable with payment methods if a private let).

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

no, the parents could manage about 15/20 mins of walking before needing to have a sit down. the holiday lets on stayz look like they could be within budget, but the other link is not working.

in your initial post you mentioned pyrmont was a bit out of the way? would you recommend an alternative area or is pyrmont well serviced with public transport or taxi costs to the usual sightseeing places reasonable?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

Sorry, link should be www.wotif.com.au to search Sydney hotels and some apartments. Pyrmont for many people is walking distance to the city or there is a light rail to Central plus a ferry to Circular Quay (I don;t think the public transport links are that good).

Kirribilli/Milsons Point has trains to the city plus a ferry and buses - look at that area for serviced apartments.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

Pyrmont is pretty well connected to the city with every form of transport represented except train. If you are near the centre of Pyrmont it is only 10-15 minutes' walk across the Pyrmont Bridge to the centre of the city (Town Hall / QVB area) where you can catch trains or buses anywhere. Most of the accomodation in Pyrmont is maximum 10-15 minutes walk from any of the Darling Harbour attractions too.

In addition the light rail goes to Chinatown and Central (Pyrmont has about 4-5 stops on the light rail), and two bus routes run every 15-20 minutes along Harris St (route 443 to Circular Quay and route 501 to Central/Town Hall). So while Pyrmont is not directly in the city I think it's a pretty good alternative to save a little bit on an apartment rental and still be close by.

There is a ferry from Pyrmont Bay wharf at the Martime Museum, but it is a very slow way to get to Circular Quay; bus #443 is much faster. However if you're not in a hurry and want to catch a ferry for the views, it's fine. This ferry is the best way to get from Pyrmont to Luna Park (Milson's Point) if you are going there.

There is also a bicycle rental shop at the corner of Pyrmont Bridge Road and Pyrmont Bridge (see I told you every form of transport was represented!)

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

thanks for this info Jeremy512.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

Locked out twice and dirty! I know the info is too late for original poster but in case anyone else is searching for info on BB's:

We stayed here twice. The first time there were no keys left for us so we were locked out and when we got in we had to arrange immediate maintenance for TV, kitchen light and shower head not on rail. It appeared that bed had not been changed as there were hair ties in it. As the location suited us we overlooked these problems and returned last month. Again no keys left. Fortunately we met keyholder who let us in and she discovered that the apartment had not been serviced. As we had been up since 2am for an early flight she did the bear minimum to get us settled and left us. I expected an apology from the management company and a follow up proper clean the following day but heard nothing. The management company were dreadful to deal with – ignored emails and any attempt to get the matter sorted. I had prepaid cleaning fee of $270 and was seeking a refund of this as there would be no cleaning required to get it to the standard it was in on arrival (we left it cleaner than we found it) but they refused to discuss this and ignored my requests to meet at the property. I was refunded half my cleaning fee. I lodged a complaint with NSW Fair Trading who accepted my complaint but also had no joy engaging with the management company – phone calls and emails ignored.

Some details about condition of apartment: beds not made; stains on sheets; filthy cooker and pots, showerhead directing water onto facing wall (and thus flooding floor; unvacuumed carpets; grubby handprints on mirrors and doors; grime in bath; soap streaked shower glass; hairs on floor; rubbish in wardrobe and in bins; smelly dirty microwave; unclean fridge; dirty cutlery drawer; tiled floors with grime; a pile of sugar on kitchen chair; dirty balconies; bird poo on outdoor table; pools of water on benchtop; footstool leg broken off; drawer off runners; glass lampshade cracked, dust on surfaces. All of these could have been sorted with a good attitude and proper management but the attitude of the management is the problem.

I understand there are frequently cleaning issues in these apartments. I am a holiday home owner myself and would be horrified if anyone came to stay in my place and it was presented like this. If you stay here it may all go ok but if there is anything wrong then expect to be treated like scum.

10. Re: BB's furnished apartments / pyrmont apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 09, 2014
Edited: 1:17 pm, August 09, 2014