We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

I'm trying to figure out if I can change a flight on Jetstar, but the website is mystifying and the wait on international phone charges is ridiculous. Essentially, 3 of us are booked together on one itinerary. I'd like to have 2 of us (parent and child) fly to Cairns a few days earlier, but leave the third reservation as is, and keep the return reservation. I'm afraid to initiate the change on the website for fear of changing all 3 by mistake. Is there a way to do this easily?

Secondly, should I be concerned that JetStar will cancel our flights? We will be connecting to an international flight. What's the chance they would cancel the flight, and if they do, do they rebook you in time to make a connection? I've already paid for my flight, so I'm not sure why I'm asking this, but perhaps I'm a glutton for stress.

Thanks for any insider tips.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,203 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

i am assuming you have jetflex tickets?? if not you cannot change bookings.

I would try doing a customer question online enquiry to see what they suggest.

If all bookings were made under one booking number then you will need to speak with someone to split the bookings..it usually cannot be done online.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

My son and daughter-in-law had an early morning Jetstar flight to Cairns from Brisbane connecting to a Qantas international flight in Cairns.

The Jetstar flight scheduale was changed about 6 weeks before they were due to fly out, but since Qantas was the international carrier and their booking for both the Jetstar flight and Qantas flight was linked on one booking, Qantas transferred them onto a Qantas domestic flight to Cairns at no charge.

If you are flying Qantas on the international route you should be OK.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

I would really try to phone them, I know it costs but,I usually get through within 2 minutes.And try phoning at a time that suits your telephone charges ie cheaper times.

Once spoken and changed I would check the booking online, copy it and carry with to safegueard yourself, you never know!!!

I just would feel that its going to be cheaper in the long run to phone them, than risk loosing a fortune!!!!

If the connection international is Qantas,they may help out also!

London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

If your ticket allows changes, you can change two out of the three passengers but it cannot be changed online due to system limitations. You would need to call Jetstar as they would have to 'split' the two passengers off the booking who would be changing and then of course, pay whatever the fees may be for changing those flights. Hope this helps

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

Thanks for all the advice. I succeeded in changing the routing over the phone. I'll hope that all of our flights are on time, since she was cagey when asked about "what if the flight is cancelled."

thanks!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

cagey responses require another call as I always double check especially if they are cagey!!

7. Re: Jetstar Sydney - Cairns, changing flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 14, 2009