We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Blue Mountains from Sydney...Friday or Saturday?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Blue Mountains from Sydney...Friday or Saturday?

Hello,

We will be in Sydney (1st time from Canada) on Friday December 20, and Saturday December 21, before a cruise departing on Sunday 22.

We will have a rental car, and are staying at the Marriott Circular Quay.

We were thinking of spending one day exploring Sydney, Bridge Climb, Opera House Tour etc... and one day driving out of the city to possibly the Blue Mountains, and hopefully encounter a few Kangaroos somewhere.

The question I have is which day do you think it would be best to travel to the Mountains etc., and which day to stay in the city?

I was thinking about trying to avoid as much traffic and crowds as possible.

I assume it would be busier in the city on Friday with rush hour traffic, but it might be far more crowded in the mountains on a Saturday?

Any advice on which day to do which would be greatly appreciated as we would like to pre book the bridge for either Friday or Saturday morning. (Both are available)

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
New South Wales, Australia
Rob's Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Blue Ribbon Day Tours - Blue Mountain Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains from Sydney...Friday or Saturday?

Thanks again to all. Yes.. I have driven in London.

12. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains from Sydney...Friday or Saturday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 08, 2014