We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transport pass for us

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best transport pass for us

Hi all

I've read some posts and the FAQ, and the transport site, but I'm still confused!

We'll be in Sydney for 4 nights, Monday to Friday. During that time I expect we'll only need a travel pass for the Tuesday and Wednesday as otherwise we'll be on foot or use the free shuttle to get around the CBD..

We want to visit Manly and Watsons Bay by ferry and want to get to and from Bondi/Coogee as we want to do the walk. This will be on separate days.

What would you recommend as the best transport pass option for the 2 of us?

Many thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transport pass for us

If you're happy to walk & use the 555 bus just buy individual ferry & bus tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transport pass for us

If you are happy with utilising the 555 free service this now only runs up and down George St.Using the ferry just get single tickets which would be easier and also but a MyBus2 or 3 ticket which gives you ten rides(dip twice if the 2 of you together).There is also a MyMulti Daypass at $21.00 gives you unlimited access to ferries,buses and trains.If still unsure there is a transport kiosk at Circular Quay(opp MacDonalds),behind the QVB and one at Central(Broadway side)

UK
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transport pass for us

Thanks! Are there different zones for the mymulti? For Manly and Watsons Bay are we covered by the basic pass?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transport pass for us

Unfortunately you will need My Multi zone 3 as ferries are not included on multi 1, and multi 2 only covers 9kms away. Enjoy your trip!

5. Re: Best transport pass for us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 21, 2014