We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

My husband and I will be in Sydney the second week in March. We need to book hotel rooms now to complete a form for traveling through the States (we're in Canada).

We usually prefer B&Bs. My sister-in-law stayed at The Russell in The Rocks area a few years ago, chosen for her FIL's name. :)

I've also heard of the Lord Nelson.

Any others I should be looking at? We are getting in before 10 a.m., so it would be nice if there was somewhere that allowed early check-in or at least to store our luggage until check-in. We will be staying in Sydney 3 nights, so don't want to be too far away from everything.

Thanks for recs!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

The properties you've mentioned above, plus Sydney Harbour B&B are about the best you'll get for that styled 'boutique budget' in that location. You also have the Sydney Harbour YHA.

No hotels in Sydney advertise or have as policy, early arrivals prior to 10am. The majority have checkins of 2-3pm. All of them would accept luggage storage until such time your room is ready.

Alternately, if you wish for a guaranteed early arrival, you could always Pre-Register the night before, so you can checkin anytime.

Edited: 3:02 pm, October 15, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

Not a B&B but Sir Stamford Hotel at Circular Quay is a boutique hotel that might be suitable. Another smaller hotel to consider would be the Harbour Rocks Hotel.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,521 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

Another place you might want to take a look at is the Cremorne Point Manor. While being close to the water it is on the north side of the Harbour. It's a 5 minute walk to the ferry wharf and from there it's a 6 minute ferry ride to Circular Quay.

It's also right near one of Sydney's nicest walks - Cremorne point to Mosman.

Whereas the other places you have mentioned are really nice little boutique hotels, his is a true B&B

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

One nice thing about staying on the north side of the harbour is that you get a great view of the city skyline, Opera House and Bridge. And it's not far to travel over to the city. If you get a room with a view it's perfect.

5. Re: Looking for a B&B in Sydney Near Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 17, 2014