We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zumbo & gelato Messina

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zumbo & gelato Messina

Does the Zumbo cafe and gelato Messina at The Star have the same range of yummies that you would get if you went to their stores in the suburbs? Don't want to travel too far if we can help it. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,673 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

With Zumbo, their patisserie at Balmain is far superior. The attraction of their store at The Star complex is the dessert train, but depending on when you visit, the selections can be limited. If its macarons only, you'll be fine at The Star store.

I can't comment on Gelati Messina, as I haven't been to their Darlinghurst store.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

Messina Darlinghurst and Surry Hills have a great selection, including a specials board which is ever changing. Also their 'cakes' are sold/available. not sure what's available at Star tho as i just frequent the burb stores. the best gelato!!

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

I am just after macarons, am hoping they have a full selection, and gelato. Not too worried about the dessert train, cakes etc. thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

Hi Holidaybug

Zumbo has macrons that you can buy without doing the dessert train but I don't think you will find gelato.

That is with Messina :)

Edited: 4:40 am, September 25, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

Messina at the Star is plenty enough for you :)

I wouldn't recommend macarons from The Star Zumbo, it is inconsistent and mass produced in the past year or so, the quality is bad for what you are expecting. Try La Renaissance at The Rocks, i heard their macarons are actually good.

6. Re: Zumbo & gelato Messina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 03, 2014