We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid November

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in mid November

We will be travelling to Sydney for 10 days from Nov 12-22/13. I have read the facts page on the weather but wanted to get some local advice - shorts weather or dress in layers ? Would the water temps be OK at the beaches for swimming ?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in mid November

It should be shorts weather but I would bring (light) layers just in case we get some cooler or rainy days. Some people swim in the ocean all year round so November may be ok for you (not for me!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in mid November

Coming out of a Canadian winter, our November weather will probably feel like a heat wave to you!

I imagine you'll find it quite warm enough to swim - there are plenty of people swimming now.

I always take layers when I travel - you never know when there might be a cold/ hot change.

Don't worry though - we do have shops!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in mid November

We have been known to have the odd "cold snap" in November. But our cold and you cold are very different beasts. ;)

FWIW our highest November was 41 and our lowest was 14. So who knows?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
55 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in mid November

Thank you for the replies. I suspect that your November weather is very similar to our mid summer, so I will pack appropriatley.

Bokhara - in November we rarely get snow, but it can happen. Weather can sometimes be quite mild with some rain.

Oh, yes, I am aware there are lots of shops in Sydney, just don't wantt o spend time or money having to shop for clothes !

5. Re: Weather in mid November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 13, 2014