We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Hi there,

Hope you can help, my cousin who stays in Sydney has not been clubbing for 4 years and at that time Home did not always let everyone in.

My husband and I are in Sydney all the way from Scotland and would like to go...so need to ensure we wear the right clothes to get in.

Any ideas?

OR any ideas for a better Club....

Many thanks,

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

I've never been there, so all I can do is direct you to a website which seems to be full of information (plus a link to the nightclub's home page) : it's part of the Virtual Tourist page, so I don't know how Tripadvisor will take to me promoting that on this site! Anyway, after you have accessed Virtual Tourist on virtualtourist.com/travel/…you then need to type in, after that URL, State_of_New_South_Wales/Sydney-1869538/Nightlife-Sydney-Home_Nightclub-BR-1.html

I noticed, as I scrolled down that page, that one comment said that there are different dress codes for Fridays and Saturdays, and that it's wise to check with the management. Another said that he wasn't allowed in, even at age 28, because he couldn't provide identification! So, clearly, it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Home is a 3 storey "superclub" which is filled with people in their early 20's, it still has a reputation for being very selective as to who they allow in.

The line to get in is always very long especially on a Friday night so you may have better luck on a Saturday night.

My relatives who are in their 20's rave about "Plantation" above the Empire hotel at Kings Cross.

Cheers Jo

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Hi there,

Recently Home changed a little bit in that it is now promoting itself as a 'live music' venue. I am not sure if this means that the 'club' aspect has diminished but I think they are moving a little bit away from that...more info is on their website..

http://www.homesydney.com/home.html

Mars Lounge in Surry Hills/Darlo is a great club and they are reknowned for having reasonable bouncers without attitude...also a little bit of an older crowd and drinks are well priced. They have comfy banquettes too if you get in early!

I too have heard good reports about the club above the Empire...I went once to another club nite and it was a great venue.

The other 'in' venues at the moment are Sapphire Suite, Ruby Rabbit and Hugo's...but most of these also have the usual bouncers from hell....all in King's Cross/Potts Point

Uk
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Hi all, thanks for your help...sounds like I was right to ask first.

We are off to a 30th birthday on Saturday, and my cousins wedding on Sunday so Friday is the only night we are all free together.

I wish I was still in the 20s but sadly in my 30s but my cousins are 25 and 28 so maybe they will have to hide me and my hubbie in the middle.

The other clubs you have all mentioned sound worth a look just incase we dont get a nice bouncer on the night.

I will let you all know in my trip report how we got on....thanks again.

x

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

home attracts a lot of young people closer to 18 that late twenties. they have an unusual dress code... you should dress down rather than dress up. think funky t-shirt, jeans and sneakers/trainers rather than a smart shirt.

mars lounge is great! vocal house music is awesome.

hugos lounge in kings cross requires smart dress and has great music.

consider fringe bar in paddington.

consider the bar at the bottom of the westin hotel,no. 1 martin place in the city for a good looking building.

have fun.

sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

Lady Lux in Roslyn St Kings Cross or Tonic in Kellet St, also Kings X, if you don't get in to Home, MUCH smaller, but you may like

7. Re: Home Nightclub - getting in ... any issues I need to know?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 14, 2009