We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute accommodations

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chevy Chase
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
last minute accommodations

a number of years ago I got a suggestions on t/a for last minute accommodations in Sydney and other spots during visit. now I can't find same, and hope someone can. help please.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute accommodations

By last minute accommodation, do you mean suggestions about third party Online Travel Agents?

If this is the case, the two most popular OTAs used within Australia, by volume are;

1. www.Wotif.com

2. www.Booking.com

With Wotif the clear leader in the Australian industry, by a significant margin. It is also the most reliable in terms of accuracy for availability and rates, as their inventory is 'live'.

The great majority of the 4.0-5.0 star hotels now have their inventory on Wotif interfaced with their own hotels PMS, which makes it truly a 'live' system (many OTAs are 'live' but as they use multiple extranet pages, there is a distinct lag - ie. if you take too long with a reservation process, that room could be sold out before you complete the process). Be advised that Wotif is a pre-paid site.

Booking.com is not only popular by US and European guests, but also by Australian locals. The use of both these websites in comparison to respective hotel websites is a great method of gauging rates and availability.

The other strength of Booking.com, is that it is a direct competitor to Wotif, their inventory is visible 12 months in advance (which is not relevant for last minute), you have the option of pre-paid or at destination, and it is one of the few sites which provide accurate room measurements, as well as a city locator.

Chevy Chase
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute accommodations

that is the site; I used it on my visit and I can't thank the first individual to lead me to it; thx again for refreshing my memory. it is a great site for anyone that is interested in top notch spots. thx again.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute accommodations

Absolute pleasure,

There are many experienced travelers here, whom are very familiar with great many properties in Sydney and Australia wide.

Should you need to narrow down a location or hotel selection, don't hesitate to come back to ask for opinions.

4. Re: last minute accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 31, 2014