We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bondi Beach direction.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bondi Beach direction.

Which is the most convenient way to go to Bondi Beach , by train or bus? I understand they have hop on bus which goes to Bondi beach but my ideas is just to go to see the beach.What about by train?

Any advice?

Sydney
Level Contributor
886 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

The train only goes to Bondi Junction then you get a bus the rest of the way. There is no station at Bondi beach. Bondi junction is quite far from the beach as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
857 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

David, there is no train to Bondi Beach. You will have to catch a bus.

When the railway - to Bondi Junction - was being built, the locals in Bondi didn't want the place overrun with tourists, riff raff and petty thieves. Not sure they got what they wanted, but at least they don't come by train.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

Bus is the easiest. You get on the bus in the city at Circular Quay or along Elizabeth St and get off at the beach.

Train + bus is probably quicker as the train to Bondi junction from Martin Place only takes a few minutes. At the Interchange you pick up the same bus.

Not sure about the truth of what Grahame says but it's a good story :-)) If it were true then it's the first and only time the State Government has done what the people wanted.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

"didn't want the place overrun with tourists, riff raff and petty thieves"

didn't work.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

What about *Hop on bus* that goes to the bondi beach. Is it a good ideas because i might want buy the 24 hrs ticket to travel ? The free shutter bus does not go there.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

You can get to Bondi Beach on public transport. Much cheaper than the HOHO.

It's a 'shuttle' bus.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

>>>the locals in Bondi didn't want the place overrun with tourists, riff raff and petty thieves<<<

Government must have listened as there was enough local riff raff. Have the Friday night street racing stopped yet?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

Hi

I take bus to bondi beach. What no is that bus anf how long is the journey

Thanks

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

380 bus or the quicker 333. If they had continued the train through to the beach it would have relieved some of the horrendous traffic on Bondi Road. Also if my memory serves me right, it was because the proposed Bondi beach station was to be on the park and there was too much resistance to that.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bondi Beach direction.

The bus could take anything between 30 minutes and an hour from the city.