We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in city, but which hotel?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
barcelona
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in city, but which hotel?

I am going with my boyfriend to sydney. We have 3 mid-week nights there and we plan on staying in a nice hotel, but under AUD$100/night. I have been checking out www.wotif.com and the hotel forums here but can't seem to find a suitable hotel. We dont mind walking to the 'main areas' like the Rocks and we would like breakfast included.

I have checked out the Y hotel, but not interested in shared bathrooms and they dont have availability for us anyway.

Any help?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

You could try:

The Pensione Hotel on George & Sussex St in Sydney

The Wentworth Ave Travelodge

Victoria Court Hotel in Victoria St Sydney.

We stayed at The Pensione Hotel a few months back and it is a beautiful little boutique hotel close to Darling Harbour & China Town. I think it was AU$110 pn for a double room.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Also try the australian Hertiage Hotel at the rocks.

The Lord Nelson Hotel at the rocks.

Wake Up at Central. www.wakeup.com.au

Most of the great pubs in the Rocks do have shared bathrooms, but really you are in the prime position.

www.hotelcoronation.com.au is within your budget.

www.hotel59.com.au

www.altamont.com.au

www.citycrownmotel.com.au

and The Maisonette Hotel in Potts Point has rooms with bathroom.

barcelona
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Okay thanks for the help. We'll look into them all.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Under $AUD100 a night in Sydney is getting pretty rare unless you are willing to share a bath or else get well away from the centre of the city and into some questionable areas.... however, there is at least one remaining bargain, and that is the Crown on Elizabeth Street (NOT the Crown up in Crown Street, Surry Hills, which is getting out of the city). Their double room with private bath is around $80, and I have a feeling (not sure about this) that breakfast is included; if not, it is quite close to several cheap cafes and restaurants where you could eat for under $AUD10.

An alternative that comes to mind is the Victoria Park Inn, which has double rooms for $88, but no breakfast.... and it's getting a bit away from the city, up near Sydney University. You might also check out the Coronation, which is in a wonderful location right by the Town Hall (near the lovely Queen Victoria Building), but I think might be just a few dollars over your limit. They have a dining room, but I don't know their tariff includes meals.

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Try the Wake Up it is a hostel but they do private rooms with ensuites for about $85. Good location and very clean and modern with a bar and cafe downstairs. Friends of mine have stayed there and siad it is a notch above a regular hostel.

The Y is quite old...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Hi ferfer

have you tried lastminute.com

…lastminute.com/lmn/…

They seem to have a few hotels available for under $100

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

Hi ferfer

have you tried lastminute.com

…lastminute.com/lmn/…

They seem to have a few hotels available for under $100

8. Re: Staying in city, but which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 16, 2009