We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

Hi guys,

I am planning to drive from GC to Sydney in early Feb 2014. I just would like to know if there is a major Australian holiday/school holiday during that period? And which route (coastal or inland) is the best for me to take during that time of year?

What is the best time to leave GC in order for me to have a scenic drive etc. and to avoid any traffic congestion, if any?? I am planning to start my drive ard 10AM, from Surfers Paradise.

Thanks in advance.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

>>Hi __ We will be on the Gold Coast on the 5th April 2014 for 8 nights . Will it be school holidays in Australia ? We are then thinking of driving down to Sydney ? Is is a good idea or better fly . __ Either we drive Gold Coast to Sydney or Sydney to Melbourne . Which is a more scenic and nicer drive ? __ Thanks<<

Hi JAFFER293816, best to start your own thread, and include all relevant information such as how many days you have specifically for the drive (btw also look at the option of flying between the Gold Coast and Sydney and Melbourne and doing the scenic drive part as a loop from Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road and back to Melbourne.

As for the original question regarding driving Gold Coast to Sydney in a day, I will add to the previous negative comments, it's an extremely poor idea.

Edited: 10:33 pm, February 27, 2014
Mauritius
Level Contributor
43 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

Dear MacKnee

Thanks for the reply . After having read all the comments , it seems to better drop off the car at Gold Coast airport and fly to Sydney . Will the Gold Coast be busy from 5th to 12th April ? Is it school holidays in Australia at this time ?

What do you think of driving Sydney to Melbourne . The comments seems a beautiful road and doing Illawarra Fly Treetop , nice seafood and Oysters on the way !

Would be nice to hear from you .

Jeff

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

. . own thread? :-)

24. Re: Driving from Gold Coast (GC) to Sydney...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 01, 2015