We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AfL @ ScG & accom

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
AfL @ ScG & accom

Hi

Myself and two teenagers are coming to Sydney to see Richmond play Swans at end of July.

Hoping to stay in Circ Quay/Rocks area, or open to suggestions, nothing flash but no dumps either, clean and safe. Under $200 pn would be great but maybe I'm dreamin? (stayed at Old Sydney Inn a few years back for $150 pn)

Also what is the best way to get from CQ to SCG?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

That's really weird Greg, I'm worried we are looking at two different things.

The rates I'm seeing for the 5 Star Mystery for the 27th & 28th July is $185, $160 (the twin configuration is $155 the second night).

Where are you seeing the descriptor that says its 4 Star? I can't see it

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

Hi KVE

The 4* that I mentioned is still there, and now the 4.5* has more rooms available ($164 &$134), and I don't see the 5* that you mention, only the self rated 5* that is sold out on 27th. ???

This is the 4* (3rd person is $40pn)

For 1 night stays only. Central CBD location, Close to shops,restaurants, bars & attractions. Book now to find out! Bedding configuration subject to availability.

Very Central Location, near public transport.

>For 1 night stays only,,, probably rules it out anyway... unless I stay once twice?

This is the 4.5* (3rd person is $55pn)

Hush, Hush - once word gets out there will be no rooms left with this deal! A quality 4 1/2 star property with all the offerings onsite and as well close to most of Sydney's attractions and venues and loads of transport too. But remember it's a secret!

Shhh... we can't tell you exactly where in Sydney this hotel room is! That would ruin the surprise! It is on the fringe of the CBD and minutes to wherever you would like to go.

Might be easier to stay with unmysterious hotels?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

That's really strange Greg.

Step by step - Wotif website, Sydney CBD, dates, and when the page opens up, the very first three 'black' listings should be the three 5 Star Mystery deals (first two being the self rated), and the availability seems to be there.

I'm wondering if the view is any different because I'm looking at it from my mobile? The availability is definitely there, as I've just spoken to someone at the hotel.

I've just checked again and the first two in the 5 star is sold out for Saturday 27th.

The 4.0 & 4.5 star shows five listings

Edited: 3:36 am, June 24, 2013
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

KVE it's because I am putting "Number of people" as 3, that is why we are getting different views, I just tried your way, with 2 people, and I see 3 mystery hotels atop just as you do.....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

Ah of course!

So it can still be booked that way with the numbers as 2 pax, and then contact the hotel direct for a rollaway at an extra cost.

The rate displayed is for one King Bed configuration, but the room is big enough for a rollaway.

Edited: 7:09 am, June 24, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

Oh my goodness, sorry Greg, really not switched on at the moment.

It just occurred to me you need three beds.

When you go into the 5 Star Mystery, it gives you two options - King or Twin. Select the Twin option and there's enough space in that configuration for a rollaway also.

And don't be concerned, you can still accept that rate for 2pax and pay the extra at the hotel

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

I have booked Travelodge Wynyard for $156 per night. Thanks for all your help and no doubt I will have more questions for you before I travel.

Cheers

Greg

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

Good choice!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

I'd say it's a very good choice and awesome price too

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,876 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: AfL @ ScG & accom

Thought that a good one when I saw the price Greg...enjoy your trip to Syderney.